The Holly Springs City Council will consider approving new regulations on garage sales during its meeting tonight.
The meeting will start at 7 p.m., preceding its 6:30 p.m. work session, at Holly Springs Municipal Court. The meeting was rescheduled to Thursday due to the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday on Monday.
If approved, the regulations would:
- allow no more than four sales to occur on the same lot or premises during any 12-month period;
- Stipulates a period of at least six weeks must pass before another sale may occur at the same lot or premises;
- limits sales to more than three consecutive days;
- limits sales to the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.;
- require anyone wishing to hold a garage sale to apply for a permit at no cost at Holly Springs City Hall(each permit, available at no charge, would be valid for seven days and no permit can be issued to the same applicant more than four times per year);
- requires all parties participating in multi-family garage sales to separately apply for permits;
- stipulate that multi-family garage sales would count as one sale for each family and/or residence participating; and
- prohibits the sale of fireworks, hazardous material, firearms and ammunition.
See the attached .PDF to see what else is on tonight's agenda.