The saw the first figures for the 2012 budget at tonight’s meeting. Rob Logan, interim city manager, said the public hearing is set for the Nov. 21 meeting with council approval to follow.
The proposed budget includes:
- General fund: $3,825,000
- Parks and recreation: $317,500
- Hotel and motel expenses: $4,010
- SPLOST 4, to begin in 2012: $350,250
- Operating grant: $262,000
- Capital grants: $50,000
- Capital Improvement: $211,000
- Stormwater $281,000
Logan said the general fund was $50,000 less than last year while the parks and recreation budget was a little more because of some needed renovations.
The council also heard plans to begin a janitorial contract with Cherokee Day Planning Center that would bring five employees into the Depot for job training once a week.