Cherokee County Fire and Emergency Services responded to a residential fire that destroyed a motor home and a garage in Holly Springs on Friday afternoon.
According to a press release, Cherokee Fire and the Canton Fire Department joined forces to battle the blaze caused by a homeowner spilling gasoline in the 100 block of Kimberly Road in Holly Springs just after 1:30 p.m.
Although the firefighters responded within minutes, the inferno had already consumed a motor home and the garage at the residence. Fortunately, firefighters were able to prevent the fire from spreading to the home itself, which was detached from the garage by a few feet.
No injuries resulted from the blaze. Both lanes of Kimberly Road and part of Childers Road were shut down due to the fire.