Cherokee County has become a haven for retiring Baby Boomers. The county itself is a lovely mix of scenic geography with the convenience of nearby interstates, restaurants and entertainment.
Senior-oriented communities are becoming hugely popular. These communities are built with the aging in mind--being handicapped accessible is a top priority. Not everyone wants to live in one of these communities, though, and prefer to customize a home to accommodate individual needs. That can be very expensive. To accommodate both preferences, House Hunt researched AOL’s MLS listings and found some lovely homes--in both active adult communities and traditional neighborhoods--described as being equipped with disability features and handicapped accessible.
Featured homes include a new three-bedroom ranch home for $329,900 on Somerset Circle in Woodstock and a beautiful five-bedroom traditional home on Lakeview Terrace in Holly Springs for $300,000.
Click on a picture in the photo gallery to see a listing description. Click on an address listed below and get directly linked to AOL Real Estate and complete listing information. You'll find helpful tools such as directions, mortgage calculators, credit prequalifying, home buying tips and contact information for the listing you choose.
- 802 Springdale Crossing, Woodstock 30189. $218,500. 5 Bedrooms, 3 Bathrooms.
- 253 Somerset Circle Woodstock 30189. $329,900. 3 Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms.
- 350 West Oaks Trail, Woodstock 30188. $112,000. 2 Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms.
- 319 Lakeview Terrace, Holly Springs 30115. $300,000. 5 Bedrooms, 4 Bathrooms.
- 939 Laurelwood Court, Holly Springs 30115. $289,900. 4 Bedrooms, 3 Bathrooms.
- 403 Eaglewood Way, Holly Springs 30115. $140,000. 3 Bedrooms, 3 Bathrooms.
Don’t miss any of the you care about. Subscribe to Holly Springs-Hickory Flat Patch’s free newsletter, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.