On Nov. 15, I met with the Atlanta Office of Planning Director Charletta Wilson-Jacks to discuss the next steps in the process for the above-referenced application.
I would like to share the following information regarding that meeting in particular and this application in general:
- Planning has yet to complete its initial review of the application.
- Planning met with the applicant after receiving NPU-W's recommendations and made some initial observations to the applicant regarding deficiencies in the application, but no formal comments were given as the review of the application was not complete.
- Planning anticipates delivering its formal written comments to the applicant on Tuesday, Nov. 20, the comments will be contemporaneously shared with NPU-W (which, in turn will share them with anyone interested – See notes below)
- When Planning receives the revised plans from the applicant, it will forward those revised plans to NPU-W for its review and comment.
- When NPU-W receives that revised plans it will post them publicly for all to see.
- NPU-W will follow its standard practice of convening a special committee to review and comment on the revised plans.
Note: NPU-W has created a google group to disseminate accurate and current information regarding this application, if you are interested in receiving such information, then please sign up for this group by going to this URL: https://groups.google.com/group/800-glenwood-avenue---sap-no-bl-12-035---general-information/subscribe?hl=en
Note: NPU-W also has also set up a Facebook page to disseminate accurate and current information regarding this application.
Mr. Gilgor, an East Atlanta resident and attorney, is chaiman of Neighborhood Planning Unit-W.
- Southeast Atlanta Rallies for "Smart" Development
- Rally Planned to Oppose Glenwood Place Project
- NPU-W Opposes Glenwood Place Development
- East Atlanta Resident Starts Online Letter Campaign Against Glenwood Place
- NPUs Give Their Support in Opposition to Glenwood Place Project
- Major Retail Planned at Glenwood
- Online Petition To Stop Glenwood Place Project in Grant Park