When Zombie Fest descends onto downtown Canton on Saturday, the Canton Police Departments wants its festival goers to follow a few ground rules.
The event, organized by Cherokee FOCUS (Families of Cherokee United in Service), will kick off at 5 p.m. Saturday in downtown and is expected to bring a large crowd and heavy traffic delays.
Those attending the event are asked to used designated parking areas (see attached photo), and to be aware of the following stipulations:
- Do not attack bystanders.
- Do not walk into the street or in traffic.
- Do not bring any weapons.
- Do not wear costumes that are designed to spray or squirt a form of liquid.
- Do not use profanity.
- Do not bring alcoholic beverages in the event area.
- Stay on public property.
Other "common sense" policies the department offers up:
- Keep passages free. Don’t block aisles, walkways, esplanade or other public areas.Dispose of trash in designated receptacles.
- Obey all federal, state and city of Canton laws, ordinances, rules and regulations.
- Do not enter nonpublic areas, i.e. offices, storage, and vendor booths
- Respect property. Don’t take, deface, degrade, damage or destroy property.
- Don’t disrupt or interfere with festival operations.
- No physical or verbal harassment or abuse allowed.
- Obey directions of festival management team and its authorized contractors.
The entry fee for the event is a $5 donation.
Thomas Fountain will provide music, and the event will feature a Call of Duty Black Ops 2 tournament.
For those who want a small sampling of Hollywood, a VIP event with The Walking Dead star Chandler Riggs, who plays Carl Grimes on the AMC hit series, will be held at 4 p.m. at the Canton Theatre.
Tickets are $50 now, and will increase to $60 at the door of the VIP event. For more information, visit the Zombie Fest's website.