Holly Springs Approves Garage Sales Regulations
The new regulations require residents to obtain permits before holding garage sales, among other restrictions.
The Holly Springs City Council has approved new stipulations on garage sales.
- allow no more than four sales to occur on the same lot or premises during any 12-month period;
- Stipulates a period of at least six weeks must pass before another sale may occur at the same lot or premises;
- limits sales to more than three consecutive days;
- limits sales to the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.;
- require anyone wishing to hold a garage sale to apply for a permit at no cost at Holly Springs City Hall (each permit, available at no charge, would be valid for seven days and no permit can be issued to the same applicant more than four times per year);
- requires all parties participating in multi-family garage sales to separately apply for permits;
- stipulate that multi-family garage sales would count as one sale for each family and/or residence participating; and
- prohibits the sale of fireworks, hazardous material, firearms and ammunition.
The council also approved new regulations on charitable solicitations, which requires any person or organization wishing to solicit donations to obtain a permit from the city.
Council members also denied a proposal to amend its ordinance to regulate false alarms and approved appointing Kyle Whitaker to the Downtown Development Authority